A sweet treat that can be whipped up in minutes for instant sugar satisfaction. We’ve listed a few different variations below for more traditional savoury nachos.
Tip: Why not try them with salt & a pinch of chilli powder, or even some Chilli & Lime seasoning from Picado?
- 4 Large Tortillas
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Slice the tortillas in half, stack the halves and then cut in half again, repeat the process until you’re happy with the size. (We use burrito sized tortillas – 30cm).
- Melt the butter, the microwave for 10 – 15 seconds. The butter will help them crisp up nicely in the oven.
- Arrange the tortilla strips on baking sheets and with a pastry/cooking brush lightly coat the top side of each with butter.
- Place the trays in the oven. They’ll typically take around 5 minutes, but can vary. I typically float around the kitchen constantly peeking in to check for when they are done. Once the edges begin to turn brown, they’re just about done.
- While the tortillas crisp up in the oven, prepare the cinnamon sugar mix by combining the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Then the icing dip, by sieving the icing sugar into a mall bowl and mixing with 4Tbsp water.
- Brush the remaining butter onto each ‘nacho chip’ and then sprinkle over the sugar.