- 500ml Boiling Water
- 4 tsp Loose Super Fruit Tea
- 40g Sugar
- 1 Pack Vegetarian Gelatin
Jelly only really comes in the usual boring flavours, so why not experiment with your favourite tea?
Having recently discovered my love for teapigs Super Fruit tea I couldn’t resist placing a large order online before Christmas. When it arrived I spent the whole day making cups of tea, until I realised I had a few boxes of gelatin in the press. I set off to brew a fairly large batch of tea, which took quite some time and then it was time to have some fun!
Making your own jelly is dead simple and takes only a few minutes once the tea is brewed, so why not give it a shot with your favourite juice, tea or fruits!
- Measure out 500ml of boiling water into a jug. I put the 4tsp of tea into a muslin bag, however you can use tea-bags or a tea infuser type thing, whatever you have handy. Leave to infuse for several minutes, tasting every minute or two, until you have reached a flavour you are happy with.
- Begin adding the sugar, constantly stirring and tasting, once again until you get something you are happy with.
- Put the tea into a small pot and allow to cool. Add one 10g sachet of gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Turn the heat on and bring to the boil for 2 minutes, or as specified on the packet.
This is not a sponsored post, I’m just a happy customer who decided to base this recipe around teapigs “Super Fruit” tea.