Indian Style Chicken Wings
Move aside buffalo wings, there’s a new kid on the block. There isn’t really a story behind these, I’ve gotten somewhat fed up of making buffalo wings, so I thought I’d play around with them. I’ve been using an Indian style marinade for bbq skewers for the past few years and recently I’ve been testing in on wings. I must admit, it worked better than I expected so I think it deserves a place up here!
- Prepare the chicken wings, (see video here). Really great video from Manitoba Chicken.
- To make the marinade, use an electric blender or a pestle and mortar, to mince the garlic, chilies and ginger to a paste. Beat in the yogurt, oil and 2 – 3 tablespoons of water to create a smooth mixture. Then mix in the dried spices.
- Place the chicken wings in the bowl and rub with the marinade until every piece is coated. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight. Or if making them last minute, and hour or two will suffice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the chicken on a baking tray and spoon over some of the remaining marinade. Cook for 25 – 30 minutes, allowing for the marinade to dry up and stick to the chicken.
- Serve with crispy poppadoms and a selection of Indian dips.