Zingy Chicken Salad
Truth be known I’ve still got the mindset of a child when it comes to food. Because of this salads typically don’t feature on my plate. It’s a really simply, zesty salad that can be thrown together in minutes, making it perfect for taking to work and out on picnics. The chicken cooks in minutes and the dressing can be made in seconds and kept in a small container until lunch time.
- Juice the lime into a small bowl, cup or jug.
- In a small bowl, pour in half the lime juice, a good pinch of salt & pepper and a small splash of olive oil. Place the chicken in the mixture and leave for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, prepare your dressing by chopping the cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters. Add the remaining lime juice into another small bowl along with the extra virgin olive oil, the tomatoes and the salt & pepper. Whisk it lightly and set aside.
- In a griddle pan or small frying pan, over a high heat cook your chicken fillet.
- If your taking it into work, allow the chicken to cool before placing it in your lunch box with the salad. Keep the dressing separate until it’s time to eat.